If you like spending hours clearing snow from your driveway or pavement, you’re probably alone. No one enjoys getting frostbite or the back-breaking work it usually entails. Luckily, snow blowers help to ease the process for you. If you have a snowblower but you are not clearing the snow as fast or as efficiently as you want, you’re should be looking for something better.
You’ve probably heard of three-stage snow blowers, and you’re wondering what it is about. This article will provide you with all you need to know about three-stage snow blowers to help you decide if it’s what you’re looking for.
By the end of this article, you will learn:
- What is a three-stage snow blower?
- Benefits of a three-stage snowblower
- Do you need a three-stage snow blower?
Now that you’re aware of what this article consists of, let’s ride on.
What is a 3 Stage Snow Blower?
Think of them as a two-stage snow blower on steroids; it can help you tack snow-clearing 30% faster than two-stage snow blowers. There’s not much difference between two-stage and three-stage snow blowers, but the little variation is the game-changer.
As the name implies, three-stage snow blowers come with three augurs. Two augurs are placed in front while the last is placed at the back and acts as an accelerator to promote easy maneuverability. They scoop up snow and only snow, making them one of the best snow blowers for a gravel driveway.
It is also relatively larger than the typical snowblower and offers more power and performance. Three-stage snow blowers usually clear paths as wide as 40 inches and are designed simply for heavy-duty snow removal. They help to save time and will make clearing tall snowbanks a breeze. They are usually meant for commercial use and quite pricey.
Benefits of using it
Getting the right tool is important when dealing with heavy snowfalls. Below are three of the benefits you enjoy with a three-stage snowblower.
- 50% More Output. This is referring to the amount of snow that can be moved at once. A three-stage snow blower can carry 50% more snow than a two-stage snow blower can. This means better functionality and performance to ensure there is little to no snow left behind.
- Speedy Clearing. With the broader clearing width and intake height that a three-stage snow blower offers you, you can handle more snow in a shorter time. Snow falls that most snow blowers usually have to take a little at a time can be cleared up in one move with a three-stage snowblower.
- Cleaner Outcomes. Due to a three-stage snow blower’s better performance and unique design, there is less snow left behind. This type of snow blower keeps snow moving to the impeller and therefore ensures a cleaner driveway by the time you’re done with the snow-clearing process.
Is a 3 Stage Snow Blower Worth It?
To answer this question, you need to consider a couple of factors. How large is your driveway? A three-stage snow blower is designed for large areas; this is why they’re usually used commercially rather than residents. If you also live in an area with uneven terrain, then you would be making the right choice getting a three-stage snowblower. The amount of snowfall is also a determinant of whether you need to get a three-stage snow blower or not. They are designed to snow through deep snow and can break through the ice and packed snow. They are quite pricier than two-stage and single-stage blowers, so ensure it is what you need before you make a purchase.
- Best Ariens Snowblower: How to Сhoose the Right One For You - December 1, 2022
- Best Track Snowblower: How to Choose the Best? - November 29, 2022
- Kentucky Bluegrass vs Perennial Ryegrass - October 7, 2022